Jakacki Bag & Barrel has been a leading drum reconditioner since 1942. As a third-generation owned business focused on drum reconditioning, we specialize in different types of drums, specifically fiber drums where we can restore and lengthen the life of various fiber drum sizes used in diverse applications. With our expertise in reconditioned fiber drums, you can trust us to make them look brand new again.
What is a Fiber Drum?
Fiber drums are cylindrical storage containers constructed from fiberboard. It’s a material that looks similar to cardboard but is more durable and resilient. These drums always come with a lid made of either steel or plastic, and it can be used to store a broad range of materials, such as the following:
- Hazardous chemicals
- Powdered goods
- Spices and flavorings
- Food ingredients
- Bulk solutions or compounds
Why Recondition Fiber Drums?
A 55 gallon fiber drum is an excellent option for storing and transporting bulk products. Unfortunately, these are usually discarded or dumped into a landfill once used, especially since they’re only made with cardboard fiber. Therefore, recycling or reconditioning are two other options to make a fiber drum reusable.
At Jakacki Bag & Barrel, we understand the economic and environmental advantages reconditioning offers. Some of its benefits include:
- Cost savings: Save up to 30% to 40% compared to purchasing new drums.
- Ecological impact: Reduce waste, energy consumption, and emissions by reconditioning fiber drums.
- Longer lifespan: Reconditioned drums undergo a thorough inspection, cleaning, and reconditioning process to ensure they’re safe and reliable for reuse.
- Customization options: Our team can customize reconditioned drums to fit your needs, such as adding handles.
The Jakacki Bag & Barrel Process
A reconditioned fiber drum can be achieved through a lengthy and thorough reconditioning process to ensure it’s safe for use. It doesn’t only involve cleaning out the drum, but it also means checking the integrity of its structure and repairing or replacing any damaged parts.
At Jakacki Bag & Barrel, we follow a standardized process to recondition fiber drums:
- Stripping and cleaning
- Label Removal
- Quality control testing
We can make an old 55 gallon fiber drum reusable again through this process. A reconditioned fiber drum can easily support a company’s sustainability program by reducing its carbon footprint. In addition, it has plenty of years of usage left, which means more cost savings for those who prefer this option.
Applications of a Reconditioned Fiber Drum
The variety of fiber drum sizes available and their durability and versatility make them ideal for an extensive range of applications. Some of the most common uses for a reconditioned fiber drum include:
- Industrial use: Fiber drums can hold a variety of hazardous chemicals, powdered goods, and even bulk solutions or compounds used in manufacturing processes.
- Waste management: A reconditioned fiber drum can also handle dangerous and toxic waste, providing a safe and environmentally friendly solution.
- Shipping and transportation: Their sturdy construction makes them ideal for shipping bulky or fragile items for construction, automotive, and other demanding industries.
Let Jakacki Bag & Barrel Handle Your Reconditioning Needs
Fiber drums have numerous uses, and it’s a shame to let them go to waste after just one use. By choosing reconditioning services from Jakacki Bag & Barrel, you save money instead of purchasing new ones again. Contact us today to learn more about our capabilities!
We also have cardboard barrels for sale if you want to buy newly reconditioned ones, and there are many fiber drum sizes you can choose from! You can also request a quote to avail of our reconditioning services.